Prepper Search Engine

Prepper Search
Loading
Get This Search Engine

Monday, March 19, 2012

A Different Way To Make Fire

When I was a kid, growing up in Mississippi, I learned a lot of things about survival.  One lesson I learned, I never thought would come in handy.  A different way to make fire.  I always assumed that I would have access to matches or a lighter.  But it never hurts to learn new things. 

Did you know you can make a fire by using a soda can, and chocolate?  I know it sounds so far fetched, but it does work.  Here is a list of things you need.

1) a empty soda can
2) Chocolate
3) some type of cloth
4) One hour of your time.
5) The Sun

Take the soda can and flip it upside down, exposing the bottom of the can.  Now take a bit of Chocolate (dark Chocolate always seemed to work better) and smear it on the bottom of the can.  Now just like polishing a pair of shoes, take your cloth and polish the bottom of the can in small tight circular motions.  Continue this process  of adding Chocolate and polishing for about a hour.  The bottom of the can should look just like a mirror now.  Let the Sun beat down on it.  Hold a piece of paper or lent about a half an inch away from the edge of the can.  You do not want to hold the paper over the middle of the can, or it will not work.  This works just like a magnifying glass did when you were a kid.  The only difference is instead of the sun being concentrated through the glass on to the paper, it now reflects the suns heat off the can on to the paper igniting it in about a minute.  Try it.  I have heard that cleaning supplies work well also; like Ajax.  That using Ajax also takes less time to polish the bottom of the can.  But I have never tried this way.  Good Luck.  I hope you now know a different way to make a fire.



No comments:

Post a Comment